Do you want to learn how to delete your Depop account? If so, you’ve come to the perfect place because we’ll walk you through it.
Table of Contents
What is Depop Account?
Depop is an online marketplace platform allowing people to sell garments and other products worldwide. Users on Depop have a lot of freedom—you can start a shop for a new brand or sell a few random products.
- Trending Explore: based on “trending” items, also known as the most clicked-on items in the app.
- Explore based on user history—based on previous searches and likes.
- “Just In” Look through the newest postings.
- Social Explore is a collection of items enjoyed by people the user follows.
How to delete Depop Account?
To close your Depop account, go to the request page in a web browser and enter the essential account information. Follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Navigate to the Depop Request Submit page.
- From the dropdown menu, select Account Issue.
- Select In the What is the issue menu. I wish to delete my account.
- Fill up your Depop username.
- Include your username in your description of why you want to close your account. Submit the form by clicking the Submit button.
- Depop will notify you via email if your account is closed.
How can you cancel your Depop account by email?
- Emailing Depop customer support will also allow you to close your account. However, this procedure may take longer than the preceding method.
- Open your email and press the “Compose” button.
- Enter email@example.com as the recipient’s email address.
- Type “REQUEST FOR ACCOUNT DELETION” in the subject line.
- Describe why you want to remove your account, remembering to include your username.
- Now press the Send button.
- Depop will contact you as soon as possible to discuss any extra steps or confirmations.
Explanations for Deleting a Depop Account
Did you know that hackers usually target inactive accounts first? These accounts are frequently several years old, having been formed before implementing stricter password rules. That makes it even easier for scammers to obtain your personal information—especially if you appear to have forgotten about your account!
In light of previous hacking incidents, some users are hesitant to use their active Depop accounts. According to the BBC, numerous individuals’ credentials have been stolen due to “credential stuffing.”
Scammers employ bots to swiftly autofill login passwords on several websites. That information was stolen through data breaches on other websites. If you have any other accounts that aren’t being used, they could be used to mess up the ones that are.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Is Depop secure?
According to Martin Lane, managing editor of Money.co.uk, most buying and selling applications, such as Depop, are secure if used appropriately. “Depop offers consumer and seller security for all transactions completed within the app. Any purchases made outside of this are at your own risk.
How come Depop accounts are deleted?
Items that are forbidden are just a few reasons we have the right to suspend an account. Transactions are handled outside of Depop’s in-app payment mechanism. Abusive or harassing behavior toward other Depop users or personnel.
Can I deactivate Depop temporarily?
Close your shop: If you close your shop completely, you can put it on hold for a while. This means you won’t be able to access your account or log in, but your report will be renewed when you do. To do so, email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that your account be closed.