Are you curious about how to erase GroupMe messages? If so, you’ve come to the correct place because we’ll walk you through the procedure.
It’s a free, simple app that works on many devices. It’s a convenient way to communicate with family and friends.
Table of Contents
What is GroupMe?
GroupMe by Microsoft is a mobile group texting app. It was launched in May 2010 by GroupMe, a private corporation. GroupMe was sending 550 million messages per month by June 2012, up from over 100 million in August 2011. In 2013, GroupMe had over 12 million users.
How to Delete GroupMe Messages?
Messages in GroupMe chats cannot be erased. Only on your device can they be hidden. If you want to do so, follow the procedures below.
When you open the specified chat, you will find the message you want to conceal.
- Right-click the message on a computer.
- Tap and hold on to a mobile device.
- From the menu, select “Hide/Hide Message.”
Procedure to Reveal Hidden Messages
- Tap or click the chat avatar to open a chat.
- “Settings” can be accessed by clicking or tapping on it.
- Select “Unhide Hidden Messages” from the menu.
- You may also unhide messages by logging out and back into your account.
How to Permanently Delete GroupMe Chats
As previously stated, you cannot delete a GroupMe chat.
You can, however, choose to end your group. This will delete not only all of the messages but also the entire group. If you decide it’s what you want, follow the steps below.
- Start up GroupMe on your device.
- Choose the group chat that you want to exit.
- Click on the image of the chat.
- Select “Settings.”
- The “End Group” and “Leave Group” options are at the bottom. Select and confirm one of the alternatives.
You can rejoin a group if you simply quit it. However, this action cannot be reversed once the group has been terminated.
- Send pictures.
- Distribute videos.
- View from the gallery
- Messages, for example.
- Please share your location.
- Emoji that you create.
- Messages are sent directly.
- Turn off notifications.
Alternative of GroupMe
- Signal – Private Messenger.
- Google Allo.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
How long does it take to delete a GroupMe account?
It simply takes a few minutes to speak with a customer care person. Groupon may need up to three days to process and respond to an email. For them to delete your account, they might require more details. You should follow up if, after three days, you have not heard anything.
How can I remove my GroupMe phone number?
Click on your profile picture when GroupMe is open. Click the pencil icon to make changes. After clicking “Change your Phone Number,” click “Change Number” again.
Can a deleted GroupMe group be recovered?
On the web, click your name in the top right corner to access “Your account.” Then select the deleted group from the list that appears after clicking “Undelete a group” in the “Advanced features” section of the page that has been scrolled down.