In this article, we’ll go over how to delete your TextNow account. TextNow is a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service that allows users to send and receive complimentary text messages and phone conversations across the United States and Canada.
It gives you a personal phone number that you may use to send complimentary messages and calls, but your phone must have a good internet connection. Although calling and texting are free, some customers may experience difficulties if they cannot maintain a steady Wi-Fi connection.
- Is it possible to completely delete your TextNow account?
- Why Should You Delete TextNow Account?
- Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
TextNow is a free text messaging application that permits phone calls and web browsing. This application functions as phone service. You will receive a free phone number for communicating with family and friends.
You may get a free phone number and use TextNow on any device to make calls and send text messages to any location in North America. TextNow allows you to call and text while saving money on your phone bill. Among the other possibilities are voicemail, group texting, and conference calls.
TextNow offers applications for both iOS and Android. Depending on your device, it may be obtained through either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. A premium subscription with additional features and no ads is also available.
Is it possible to completely delete your TextNow account?
Before you delete your TextNow account, ensure you understand how to deactivate a TextNow account permanently and whether this is possible. The answer is, unfortunately, no.
A direct link to delete a TextNow account is not provided by TextNow. Their entire arrangement is visible. A TextNow account cannot be deleted, removed, or disabled using any button or link. This implies you won’t be able to delete your TextNow account completely. This is for a variety of legal reasons. Unsubscribe Instructions for TextNow There are other ways to deactivate your account, which could be considered permanently closed. This guide will walk you through the entire procedure.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/how-to-delete-bandlab-account-in-2022/
How to Delete Or Deactivate My TextNow Account?
You can deactivate or close your TextNow account in a few simple actions. Keep in mind, however, that the report will be canceled forever.
1) Remove the TextNow programme from your phone.
Your TextNow account can only be deactivated by not using it.
As a result, it’s a good idea to delete the app from your phone. If you don’t use TextNow for a few days, your phone number will be removed from your account (usually three).
As a result, your account will get no calls or texts.
At that point, your TextNow account will be deactivated. The method for removing the TextNow app differs based on the phone model and manufacturer. However, for your convenience, we will share some basic instructions for deleting an app from a smartphone.
Follow these steps
- In the app drawer, look for the ‘TextNow’ app icon.
- Tap and hold the TextNow app icon for a few seconds.
- An overlay menu with the ‘Uninstall’ button will often display. Otherwise, the application icon will be replaced by an ‘X’ icon. Consequently, press the ‘X’ or ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Depending on your phone model, the TextNow app may uninstall at this time.
- You can also get a message asking if you want to uninstall TextNow. It will be uninstalled if you press the ‘OK’ or ‘Yes’ button.
After you’ve uninstalled TextNow, don’t use it again. As a result, your TextNow account will be deleted.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/how-to-delete-weverse-account/
2) Remove all of your personal information from the TextNow app.
After a few days of inactivity, TextNow says your account will be deleted. However, your personal information remains tied to your account. They can use it if they want to.
As a result, such sensitive information should be removed from your account.
In this scenario, we’ll show you how to remove any personal data you’ve shared with TextNow. So let’s get this party started…
Follow these steps
- Using your favorite browser, go to TextNow’s official login page.
- Then enter the login information for your TextNow account and click the ‘Login’ button.
- You are now on the TextNow account dashboard.
- Select the ‘Settings’ icon from the left sidebar. A gear symbol will replace the ‘Settings’ icon.
- Once you’re on the Settings page, select ‘Account’ from the left sidebar.
- On the left sidebar, you’ll notice fields where you can enter your account information.
- So, put a random ‘First Name,’ ‘Last Name,’ ‘Email,’ etc. in the boxes, then click the ‘Save’ button.
- You can send a random email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the record.
- Select the ‘Security & Login’ option from the left sidebar.
- Then, click the ‘Log out of all devices’ option from that screen.
- Then click the ‘X/Close’ icon in the upper right corner of the screen to exit the settings menu.
Following the steps above, you have erased all of your personal information shared with TextNow.
3) Cancel your TextNow membership.
You now know how to cancel your TextNow subscription. You’ve also cleared their database of all your personal information.
Did you know that if you’ve paid for one of TextNow’s premium packages, you’ll be billed even if you delete the app or stop using the service?
That’s right, you read it accurately. If you are already a subscriber, you must cancel any premium TextNow packages or services.
You will be charged even if you stop using the TextNow service or app. So, how can you cancel your TextNow subscription? Here’s how to get started.
Cancellation of a TextNow subscription via the TextNow app
If you use their mobile app, you can cancel any active memberships. Let’s investigate…
Follow these steps
- Open the TextNow app on your phone.
- Then swipe up from the left side of the screen to get the ‘Main Menu.’
- Select ‘My Account’ from the top menu.
- On the subsequent screen, select ‘Cancel My Subscription.’ You might have to scroll down a little to locate the right option.
- You may need to reconsider your decision.
- The debate is now complete. Your TextNow Wireless account has been suspended.
Cancellation of TextNow Subscription on the Official Website
You can cancel your subscription through their official website if you don’t have access to the TextNow app. This is the method.
Follow these steps
- Using your favourite browser, go to the ‘My Account page of your TextNow account.
- You may need to log into your TextNow account if you haven’t already.
- So, correctly enter your login information and click the ‘Login’ button. You may also use one of the other options below to log in.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the ‘My Account page and click the ‘Cancel My Subscription button. So choose that option.
- You can cancel any TextNow premium subscription from their official website in this manner.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/smule-account-delete/
Why Should You Delete TextNow Account?
Whether or whether to delete your TextNow account is entirely up to you. For a variety of reasons, a TextNow account may be deleted. You may have deleted your account for one of the two reasons indicated below.
- You may delete your TextNow account if you believe you are not obtaining services that satisfy your needs and support cannot assist you.
- TextNow could be bombarding you with emails every day. Some people consider such texts spam and do not wish to receive them.
Other factors could be at play as well. You can continue to use TextNow’s services if you are satisfied with them.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Why can’t I deactivate my TextNow account?
Due to legal restrictions, TextNow cannot deactivate your account; thus, you will be unable to do so. Some of your account’s personal information should be updated or removed.
Why can’t I deactivate my Textnow account?
Your account will not be able to be deleted. TextNow asserts that they cannot cancel your account due to legal restrictions. It is advised that you update or remove all of your personal information, including your email address, from your account settings to render it useless to them. Consequently, no information about you stays in the system after deleting the program.
Is TextNow completely secure?
No. Because it is part of the SmartSocial.com Red Zone, we believe it is unsafe for students to use it without adult supervision.
Due to the program’s lack of a delete button, it isn’t easy to delete a TextNow account. This article describes an alternative technique to cancelling your TextNow account. Visit their website if you have additional questions about your account or membership. The majority of commonly requested questions have previously been addressed. I hope your question is also addressed. I believe your account deletion was accomplished. If you have any questions or comments, please submit them below.