Do you want to know how to delete your PSN account? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll walk you through the process.
You can delete your PlayStation 4 account by going to Login Settings. If a PS4 user account is deleted, all of the data and screenshots that go with it will be lost. You can also close a PSN account, which is more severe and will result in the deletion of your ID.
Table of Contents
What is a PSN account?
The PlayStation Network (PSN) is a digital entertainment service you can use with your PlayStation. You can use a PSN account to download games and stream apps to watch TV and movies. Here’s how to set up an account on your computer: Navigate to the Sony Entertainment Network using your computer’s browser. A page for Creating a New Account
Features of PSN account
- Monthly competitions
- Multiplayer online
- special discounts
- unique content.
- Storage in the cloud.
- Play with others.
- Package PlayStation Plus*
- *Game Assistance*
How to delete PSN Account?
If you want to delete your PlayStation Network account, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the PlayStation support page.
- Go to Account & Security.
- Select “Change Online ID & Other Account Questions” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and, in the Live chat box, click Chat now under Need to contact us?
- Enter the necessary information and click “Request Chat.”
How to delete PSN account online.
You can permanently deactivate your PSN account by following the revised procedures for 2022. Before contacting the PlayStation staff to request that your account be terminated, you must sign in to the PlayStation website using your PSN online ID. Continue reading for details on how to delete your PlayStation accounts:
- Using the website to cancel a PSN account
- Enter your PlayStation Network login information on the PlayStation website. You can then log in with your PSN ID.
- Select Support by selecting the downward pointing arrow on the home page. You can get help at the window this way.
- Select Account and Security. After that, you can access Account & Security.
- Select Account Management from the Account & Security page. The next option was user management.
- After selecting Create, Change, and Close an Account, on the Account Management page, click Close an Account. Your account may be terminated as a result of this.
- Choosing “Contact Us.”
- After connecting, select an Internet connection. You can request that PSN workers remove your account by dialling that number.
How to delete PSN account without password.
You could have forgotten your PSN password. You can change your PSN password if you know the email address associated with your account, but firstly, you can remove your PSN account permanently after changing your password.
- It is possible to delete a PSN account without a password.
- Turn on your console and proceed to the sign-in screen.
- Enter the email address or Sign in ID for your PSN account.
- Then, select “I forgot my password by clicking the Triangle.”
- To send an email to the same address, click Send. You will now get an email with a link to reset your PSN password.
- Select the Change Password option when you open the email on your computer or smartphone.
- Both the new password and your birthdate must be typed.
- Return to your console and try to log in again.
Consequences of PSN Account
There are many consequences when you Delete the PSN Account. Deleting your PSN account also deletes your PlayStation ID; deleting your PlayStation Network account differs from deleting your user account. Delete it is a serious undertaking that will result in the following consequences:
- Access to any content purchased with the account is revoked. Refunds are unlikely because the content is non-transferable.
- It is not possible to create a new account using your PlayStation ID.
- Access to any subscriptions and their contents is lost.
- Your PlayStation Network wallet is no longer accessible. Funds in the wallet are then permanently lost.
How to remove a PSN account from another ps4.
Even if another version is set as the primary, you can delete the primary PS4 user account.
The steps below can be used to achieve this:
- On your console, navigate to Settings > Login Settings > User Management > Delete User.
- Choose the primary PS4 account to be deleted.
- The PS4 will prompt you to start your console. This deletes all of your data and resets the console to factory defaults.
- Allow the reset process to complete.
- On your PS4, you can now create a new account or log in to an existing one. This account will now be your console’s primary account.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Can I delete my PSN account and start over?
Can I create a new PlayStation Network account with the same email address I previously used for a deleted account? Yes. When you delete your PSN account, all information associated with it, including your email address, is permanently removed from the network and can be used to create a new account.
What if you delete your PSN account?
Any content you purchase with your account won’t be available anymore. This content is not transferable to another account, and refunds are only available by the PlayStation Store cancellation policy. You won’t have any more use of any subscriptions or related privileges.
Does deleting a PSN account result in the deletion of games?
The PSN account will not be deleted if the user is deleted from a console. A PSN account cannot be deleted entirely. If you remove a user, you will no longer be able to access any games or content associated with their PSN account.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful, and please leave any questions in the comments section. More tutorials and updates will be coming soon. Soon, I’ll be back with another Informative tutorial.