Do you want to know how to remove the hollow arrow from your iPhone? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll walk you through it.
The “hollow arrow” icon indicates to iPhone users that “geofencing” is enabled and active. Geofencing creates a virtual fence around a place on a map. If the iPhone enters or leaves that area, it will do something, like send an alert or some data.
Table of contents
What is an iPhone?
The iPhone is an Apple smartphone that combines a computer, an iPod, a digital camera, and a cellular phone with a touchscreen interface. The iPhone runs the iOS operating system, and the 12-megapixel iPhone 13 with up to 1 TB of storage was released in 2021.
How to get rid of Hollow Arrow on iPhone?
There are two ways for iPhone users to remove the hollow arrow from their phone. They are turning off the status bar icon and disabling location services.
Turn off Location Services
Because location services are enabled, a hollow arrow appears. So the simplest solution would be to turn it off. When you disable location services, you also undermine your phone’s location permission.
Follow these instructions to stop your iPhone from using location services:
- Choose the Settings application.
- Choose the Privacy option.
- Select Location Services.
- Deactivate the Location Services button.
Deactivate the Status Bar Icon
Switching off the Status Bar Icon is another effective way to remove the hollow arrow from your iPhone’s screen. It will prevent the status bar’s location icon from appearing.
You can try the following steps to complete the task:
- Select Settings.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Choose Location Services from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click System Services.
- Navigate to the Status Bar Icon and deactivate the button.
What Do the Different Arrows on the iPhone Mean?
- The Hallow Arrow indicates that a phone application is geofenced.
- It indicates that a website or application has accessed your location for 24 hours.
- Purple Arrow: This indicates that an application has recently used location services.
- The website or application you use attempts to access your location services.
- Two perfect sizes. Learn more about the two sizes—as well as other vital features.
- A chip that is both fast and powerful.
- Long battery life.
- A perfectly flat edge design.
- Selfies in night mode are possible thanks to the advanced dual-camera system.
- A remarkably long-lasting ceramic shield front.
- A lovely, bright OLED display.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Why does my iPhone have a hollow arrow?
Now, if you see a hollow arrow icon in the upper-right corner of your iPhone, it means that an app on your device will use your location in certain situations. When an application has a hollow arrow, it is geofencing.
How do you know if your location is turned on?
Open the app to set up your phone. Tap “Access to location” under “Personal.” Turn Access to my location on or off at the top of the screen.
How do I stop the Hollow Arrow from showing up on my iPhone?
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Swipe down and touch the Privacy button.
- Tap Services Location.
- Then, from the list, tap System Services.
- Swipe to the bottom and turn off the toggle for the Status Bar Icon.
This article explains how to delete and deactivate your account by following written and visual instructions.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional queries.