Do you want to know how to lock the screen on YouTube? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll walk you through it.
Table of Contents
What is the YouTube screen?
YouTube is a popular video-sharing platform that receives millions of hours of video viewing per day; the app is free and can be accessed from any device. But many people don’t know that you can lock the screen while watching YouTube videos to stop interruptions and other things from getting in the way.
A YouTube end screen is a brief video that can be added at the end of any YouTube video. End screens are typically 5–20 seconds long and provide excellent real estate for promotional content.
How to lock Youtube Screen?
Your YouTube video views are typically seen in your history, which you may not want your children to watch, and your child may inadvertently move to other apps and make unwanted changes there. You can lock the YouTube screen in such cases. But how do you get started?
How to lock Youtube Screen on Android?
Screen Pinning is a feature on Android phones that allows you to pin any app, including YouTube. Screen pinning is a feature on Android phones that will enable users to lock the entire phone and only allow one app to run at a time.
One example of such an app is YouTube. This feature prevents children from using other apps and only allows them to use YouTube. To enable screen pinning, perform the following steps:
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Security.”
- After that, select “Advanced.”
- “Screen Pinning” is an option in the Advanced feature.
- If you don’t see the Screen Pinning option, it should be displayed as “Lock Screen and Security” on your Android.
- On your Android device, enable the feature.
- To lock the app, open YouTube and click the Pin icon.
- Screen Pinning can be found in Settings> Security> Advanced.
- Go to “Settings” on your Android phone.
How to Disable YouTube on iPhone?
You can lock the screen on an iPhone while watching a YouTube video. The steps are as follows:
- Launch YouTube in Chrome by entering its URL, such as youtube.com.
- Go to YouTube’s three-dot menu at the top. These three buttons are usually displayed vertically in the right corner.
- A list will appear when you press that button. In that list, look for “Settings.”
- The “General” option in Settings should be selected next.
- Select the “Accessibility” option after selecting “General.”
- Finally, under the “Accessibility” tab, you’ll find the “Guided Access” feature.
- Enable the “Guided Access” feature.
- When you want to disable the locking feature, enter the required passcode.
- After entering the passcode, your screen will automatically lock, allowing you to watch YouTube videos easily.
Guided Access can be found under Settings > General > Accessibility.
You can also enable “Guided Access” from the home screen of your iPhone.
How to lock Youtube Screen on Browser
You can use browsers to play YouTube videos on Android and iOS devices and have the option to lock the screen.
On Android, use the Google Chrome browser to access YouTube.
- To finish this task, you must first ensure that Google Chrome on your Android phone is running in Desktop Mode.
- To access the menu, open your Google Chrome mobile browser and tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- After tapping that, select Desktop from the drop-down menu that appears.
- When you check this box, the page reloads and shows a more prominent, desktop-themed website. Try this solution if your video playback drops when you use the Chrome Browser in mobile mode.
On iOS, use the Safari browser to play.
- While the previous two suggestions were aimed at Android users, this one is aimed at iPhone and iPad owners who enjoy watching YouTube videos.
- Using Safari, locate the YouTube video you want to watch, then follow these instructions to get it to start playing:
- You can access Safari by clicking on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Choose Desktop.
You can access the required video using the Safari web browser and then play it directly from the browser window. Even if you’re using Safari on your iPhone or iPad to watch YouTube videos, the audio should keep playing even if your device is locked.
The same task should be possible for iOS users to complete using the Mozilla Firefox web browser. Furthermore, the free Firefox browser should allow you to control the video playback.
- Users can look up and watch videos.
- Create a YouTube channel.
- Put videos on your channel.
- Like, comment, or share other YouTube videos.
- Users can subscribe to and follow other YouTube channels and users.
- Make playlists to organize your videos and group them.
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
How do I restrict Access to YouTube for children?
On your child’s device, launch the YouTube Kids app. Tap the lock icon in the bottom right corner of any app page.
Can you lock the screen while still watching YouTube?
Navigate to your browser’s YouTube website, tap the settings (three dots) button in the top right corner of the page, and select desktop site. While watching a YouTube video on a mobile device, Following the completion of the preceding steps, tap on a video to play it; it will continue to play even after you lock your phone. You can close the screen on an iPhone.
How do I turn off the touchscreen on YouTube?
Here’s how to use it once it’s enabled:
- Open the app you want to restrict.
- To access Guided Access, triple-click the Home button.
- Mark the areas of the screen that you wish to disable.
- Tap Options in the bottom-left corner to undermine the power and volume buttons.
- Choose Done.
I hope you found this tutorial helpful, and please leave any questions in the comments section. More tutorials and updates will be coming soon. Soon, I’ll be back with another Informative tutorial.