Do you want to know how to see who shared your TikTok? If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place because we’ll walk you through it.
Table of Contents
What is a TikTok?
TikTok has become a viral hub for internet content, especially last year. The app’s massive number of users has helped many communities, trends, and songs become more popular.
TikTok, also known as Douyin in China, is a short-form video hosting service owned by the Chinese company ByteDance. It hosts a wide range of short-form user videos ranging from 15 seconds to ten minutes, including pranks, stunts, tricks, jokes, dances, and entertainment.
How to see who shared your TikTok?
Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to see an exact list of which accounts have shared your video.
However, if you upgrade to a TikTok Pro account, you will be able to view your analytics, which includes information such as views and demographics, as well as the number of shares.
Step 1: Navigate to Your Account’s Settings.
- First and foremost, open the TikTok app on your device. Then, go to your account and click the profile icon.
- Then, click the three horizontal dots menu to access your account’s traditional settings.
Step 2: Upgrade Your Account to a Pro Account.
- The Settings and Privacy page will appear on the horizontal lines. On that page, click Manage my account.
- You will see several categories under the Account Information and Account Control sections.
- Under the Account Control section, you can upgrade your Profile from a personal one to a TikTok Pro Account and delete your account.
- You must select the “Switch to Pro Account” option, and your Profile will be updated immediately.
- When you change your profile settings, you will gain access to a new TikTok Pro Account Insights panel.
In Step 3: Go to the Analytics Tab.
- Navigate to “Analytics” on TikTok and select the “Shares” option.
- Every video you’ve ever uploaded will be displayed there. You can limit the information to one video or view your entire sharing history by data.
Step 4: Analyze Your Followers’ Data
- So, while you won’t be able to see who exactly shared your TikToks, you will be able to learn more about your friends and other users.
- You will have access to the demographics, nationalities, ages, and basic information of people who have shared your TikTok videos.
- Access to this data will help creators develop a better understanding of what content is appreciated and is not.
- If your main goal on the app right now is to show off your creativity and talent to grow your organic reach, the analytics section can show you a whole new world.
- Although we recognize that this isn’t the best way for users to know who is sharing their clips, it’s better than nothing.
- You can see how often your video has been shared and how well it performs on the app.
How Else Can TikTok Videos Be Shared?
TikTok can also be shared using the stitching tool, performing a duet with another user, or sharing them with users who are not on TikTok. Here’s how to share a video with someone who isn’t on TikTok.
- Open TikTok and select Profile.
- Tap the video you want to share.
- On the right, tap the three dots.
- Select how you want to share the video.
Why can’t I see who has shared my TikTok?
TikTok is all about sharing, but there are some restrictions. Due to privacy concerns, you cannot view the profiles of those who have shared your video. Instead, you can only see how many people have shared your video.
Features of TikTok
- Uploading a video TikTok has a video uploading feature that allows users to upload their videos to the app.
- Video editing
- Filters and effects…
- Sharing on Social Media…
- Likes and comments, notifications, duets, reactions
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Is there a way to see who shared a TikTok?
No, you cannot see who has shared your TikTok. Previously, users needed a TikTok Pro account to see who shared their TikTok. That metric, however, is no longer in use. You can now see how well a TikTok video is performing.
How do I know if my TikTok hack was shared?
No matter what you do, there is no way to see the identities of the users who have shared your TikTok. Unfortunately, the social media app only shows you how many shares your TikTok has. To get more information on content insights, upgrade to a Pro (business) account and use the free TikTok Analytics tool.
Can you see who is screen-recording your TikTok?
Can you tell if someone is screen-recording your TikTok? No TikTok will not notify you if someone captures or records your screen. TikTok, unlike some other online entertainment sites like Snapchat, does not let you know when someone asks to take a screenshot of one of your posts.