These days, you can get a lot of music apps for your Mac. With these music apps, you can download, save, and listen to the music you want. And Spotify is one of the apps you can use to play and store music. But some Mac users don’t want it on their computers, so they want to know how to uninstall Spotify on Mac.
Since April 23, 2006, Spotify has been a Swedish company. Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon started it. It was one of the most popular music streaming services as of March 2022, with over 422 million monthly active users, including 182 million paid customers. Streaming services.
If you’ve never used Spotify before, you can try Premium for free for three months. We think you should try it out because it has many benefits you won’t find in the free version. All that’s left is to get the free Spotify app and set it up. There’s a desktop programme and an Android app, of course.
How to uninstall Spotify from a Mac (Manually)
Manually uninstalling an app takes time, effort, and focus. To uninstall an application, you must find and delete all of the files that help it run.
Here are the steps to uninstall Spotify by hand:
- Close Spotify and all the things it does in the background. Go to the Menu bar, select Spotify and then click the drop-down menu to select Spotify Quit. You can also open Activity Monitor and look to see if Spotify is running on your Mac. Click to close them if you find any.
- Go to the Applications folder and drag Spotify to the Trash to get rid of it.
- You must find all of the app’s service files and delete them. Most of the time, the support files are kept in the Library folder, which is hidden. Press the Command+G key combination to open Finder.
- In the search box, type /Library and click the Go button.
- Find all of Spotify’s help files in the Library folder and delete them. Look for those files in the following places:
~Library/Application Support/Spotify ~Library/Saved Application State/com.spotify.client.savedState ~Library/Caches/com.spotify.installer ~Library/Caches/com.spotify.client ~Library/Preferences/com.spotify.client.plist ~Library/Preferences/com.spotify.helper.plist ~Library/LaunchAgents/com.spotify.webhelper.plist
6. Once you have deleted all of Spotify’s files, empty your Trash to get rid of it completely from your Mac.
Please remember that some apps may put their service files all over your hard drive. Finding all service files isn’t always easy. You can use the free app Funter to help you find hidden service files based on the app’s name.
But we recommend you use a safe, professional tool that automatically finds all the support files for each app and lets you uninstall them with just a few clicks. Read on to find out how to get rid of Spotify on a Mac in the easiest way possible.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/how-to-delete-secret-benefits-account/
How to uninstall Spotify from a Mac ( with the help of macube app)
Spotify may be totally removed with simply one click if you use Macube App UninstallerHOT!
When looking for Spotify files in the Library, if you don’t know how to manually uninstall programmes from your Mac, you can find it difficult and worry that you’ll delete crucial app files.
Use a reliable app uninstaller to solve this kind of problem. Here, we’ll say that you should use Macube Cleaner. It’s a professional cleanup tool for Mac that can completely and safely remove Spotify. When you use Macube to get rid of an app, it quickly shows you the app on your Mac and all the files that go with it in a clear list, so You don’t need to be concerned about unintentionally deleting anything.
- First, if you don’t already have CleanMyMac X on your Mac, you’ll need to download and install it.
- You can launch it after installation and select Uninstaller from the sidebar.
- Use the search box to look for Spotify, then check the box next.
- Click on Uninstall.
CleanMyMac X will uninstall Spotify from your Mac and delete all the files it puts there, so There’s no need to search for them.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/how-to-delete-funimation-account/
How to delete Spotify History
If you want Spotify’s cache to take up less space on your Mac, you can do that without uninstalling it. Just do what’s written below.
- Quit Spotify.
- Click on the Finder in the Dock and then the Go menu.
- Select Go to Folder, and then copy and paste this path into the box:
- /Library/Application Support/Spotify/preferences
- Right-click on the prefs file and then open it in Text Edit.
- Copy the following and put it on a new line at the bottom of the document: storage. size=1024 (In MB, “1024” is the size limit you want to set for the cache. If you want it to be smaller, you could type “512” instead.
- Save the file and close it.
- Start up Spotify.
The cache will have shrunk to the size you chose, but as you use Spotify, it will start to grow again.
You May Also Like: https://howisland.com/how-to-find-girls-on-omegle/
Frequently Asked Questions (QnA)
Why am I unable to remove Spotify on my Mac?
Spotify does not have an official uninstaller, therefore if you want to entirely remove Spotify from your Mac, you must manually delete the application and any associated files.
How do I uninstall Spotify completely?
Using Advanced Uninstall Manager, you may completely uninstall Spotify from your Mac. It may show all connected files and applications and eliminate them all with a single click.
Here are two methods for removing Spotify from your Mac. The manual method is not difficult, but it requires you to locate the software files in Library on your own. When you choose an easier and safer technique, removing Spotify with Macube Cleaner is preferable. I hope this helps you with your Spotify problem.
If you have any other questions about removing Spotify on Mac, please tell them in the comments section below. If you found this content useful, please share it on Facebook, Instagram, Google +, or Twitter.